One of the key features of the Ento app for employees is the ability to make leave requests, for manager approval. While a leave request can span multiple days, each day of the leave is saved as an individual 'leave shift' within Ento. This makes processing leave requests that span multiple pay cycles easier.
All approved leave requests are automatically included on future schedules and payroll exports. As mentioned on Leave types & public holidays, it is important to ensure your leave types are correctly configured.
How leave accruals work in Ento
For all hours that fall within the pay cycle:
- The total hours of approved leave records that have been mapped to a Leave balance get deducted from the employee's leave balance.
- All shift segments that trigger a rule within the award interpreter that have Accrues leave turned on will accrue leave.
As mentioned on the running Payroll page, leave accruals and deductions are reflected within the leave balance when a pay cycle is marked as processed. To check how an employee's leave balance has been affected by a specific pay cycle:
- Go to
- Click the View button on the relevant pay cycle
- Search for or scroll to the relevant employee and on their row, click Summary
- At the bottom of the Summary page, you will find leave balance details.
Managing leave requests
Leave requests should generally be approved and rejected by the day-to-day manager, as covered in the Leave guide page.