If an employee is usually expected to work on a specific day, there is likely to be a shift on that day in their work schedule in the staff profile.
If the roster is created without a shift on that day, there will be an indicator on the roster that a shift is expected based on the person's work schedule, as follows:
This might occur if:
- a roster is created without automatically creating shifts from the employee's work schedules
- an employee's work schedule is updated so that on the corresponding rostered day, the employee is now expected to work (based on their new schedule)
Add a shift where one is expected
To add a shift on the day where one is expected, simply click the + Create shift button on Shift expected.
- Select shift expected
- Click the + Create shift button
- The shift details will pre-populate with the start and end time as per the shift on the work schedule
- The shift will now appear on the roster in place of the Shift expected indicator.