When a shift is deleted on the roster, on a day where a shift exists on an employee's work schedule, this will be visible in the roster, as follows:
Requesting an employee's consent to delete a shift
Step 1: Select the deleted shift
- Go to Rosters
- Find the roster you wish to work on and click View
- Click on the shift you want to seek consent from the staff member to delete, and click the delete key.
- If the staff member usually works that day and there is a shift on that day in their work schedule, the shift will be replaced by a deleted shift indicator 👇
- To request consent to delete the shift, click on the deleted shift indicator. If it’s not already open, display the shift info panel by clicking the shift details button on the top right of the roster.
Step 2: Fill out and send the Request Consent form
In the shift info panel, click Request consent
Select your Request Type, to
- Reduce shift hours
In the By up to drop-down, select the number of hours of the employee's work schedule shift, which you can see in the Shift Per Work Schedule panel above.
- In the When drop down, select 'At the end of the shift'.
- Add a note, if you want to.
Click Preview Request. The preview will indicate that the shift is being deleted 👇
Review the request details. If you're happy, click Send request
Step 3. Check the status of a consent request and next steps
Once you’ve sent a request for consent to delete the shift, the status of the request is indicated on the shift, like this 👇
These icons tell you whether the employee has accepted the request,
Pending consent. The team member hasn’t yet accepted the change request.
Request accepted. The team member has consented to the change request.
Request rejected. The team member has not consented to the change.
Re-instating a deleted shift
If you wish to re-instate the shift that you previously deleted, this can be done by:
- Clicking on the deleted shift
- On the shift info panel, click on the + Create shift button
- This will take you to the Add shift panel. Review the shift details (it will automatically populate the work schedule shift details). Click Save.
- The shift will be re-created.
NOTE - IF YOU ALREADY ASKED FOR CONSENT TO DELETE THE SHIFT
If you want to re-instate the shift that you previously deleted and asked for consent to delete, you will need to retract the consent request that you sent. Otherwise, when you re-create the shift, you will see this:
This is because you have a pending consent request on the deleted shift. To remove this deleted shift from the roster, you will need to retract the consent request.
1. Click on the deleted shift
2. Click Retract (or Override, if the consent request has been responded to)
3. This will remove the deleted shift and the replacement shift will remain.
When deleting a shift, what happens to existing consent requests on the shift?
If there is a consent request on a shift (either pending, accepted or rejected) to:
- increase the shift length
- move the shift times
- decrease the shift length by less than the full length of the shift
these will all be retracted.
If there is a consent request to reduce the shift by the full length of the shift (which means the shift hours are 0), the consent request remains, and will appear on the deleted shift. eg: the original shift below had a consent request to reduce the shift hours by 8 hours (full length of the shift), which was accepted. The shift was deleted, and replaced with this 👇 The green consent icon shows that the staff member has given consent to delete the shift.